MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hi folks sligh problem with admin password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i got message saying your ip is not valid for this session so logged back in and changed admin password . then all off a sudden when i tried to login with the new password it says locked out of account you have been email password reset instruction ( the face is i havent set the email i chose up yet in cpanel , and my host's servers liscence just expired while no one is around so i cannot access cpanel to use database however i would still need to know how i fix this thanks Smile
update mybb_adminoptions set loginattempts = '1' where uid='x';

Replace x with your userid.
(2011-07-16, 01:22 AM)johnjj12005 Wrote: [ -> ]i got message saying your ip is not valid for this session so logged back in and changed admin password . then all off a sudden when i tried to login with the new password it says locked out of account you have been email password reset instruction ( the face is i havent set the email i chose up yet in cpanel , and my host's servers liscence just expired while no one is around so i cannot access cpanel to use database however i would still need to know how i fix this thanks Smile

You can't do that without having access to database.
If you gain access to it, do what Malcolm said.
also can use mysql setnewpassword ? and correct syntax to do so ?