MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Would like some honest feedback on my Forum please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
About 3-4 months ago I came up with the idea of creating this Forum > http://www.latest-trends.net/index.php At the time I was learning SEO and being silly thought wow I have some highly searched term for Domain.

So I used the Latest-Trends and to be honest I don't really like it now, it does not really have much meaning and the Forum is not targeting anything in general just covers "Bit of everything"

I have my own method which brings me unlimited Traffic to anywhere I want. It's not targeted and is not all 100% unique but mostly is which is a great bonus of course.

However I am wondering if perhaps I should start all over again, maybe I could keep the database of members I am not sure, if not it's not the end of the world I guess.

So I was thinking of maybe using something which targets one niche in general rather than having everything. Please can you let me know what you think on this, tell me if you think I should start over again and perhaps as mentioned use one thing instead of having so many sections.

I am trying to work out how to apply the plugin called "Hide To Guests" With the hope that it brings me in more members. It allows guests to view the sections and thread titles but not the content which I think is pretty clever. If you could also help me out with this the thread is here Would be gratefully appreciated to be honest because I cant crack it.

You can see how much traffic I am pointing at the Forum, I look forward to reading any helpful comments and advice. Thank's so much for reading my thread.

Lee
Ok. Your domain suggests latest trends, which is mostly a new niche. So, why not have your forum towards it?
I find only your last forum named "Latest Gadgets" suiting your niche.
Why not, have a forum for discussion about latest news in fashion, movie releases, PC stuffs etc? Everything that targets about the latest stuffs.
It would be a better option, instead of making, "Just another general discussion forum".

And you can bring "unlimited traffic", which i highly doubt though. But that counts nothing, as in a forum, only the activity and post count by members matters. When you say, your forum has 10,000 uniques per day, and have only about 100 members, it won't be considered as successful.
And most of those traffic stuffs affects adsense. So, get rid of them and look for real members.

And i would personally suggest not to restrict guest viewing. People would turn out to other sites, as they would find this annoying.
It will only work for big boards.
(2011-07-16, 09:36 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. Your domain suggests latest trends, which is mostly a new niche. So, why not have your forum towards it?
I find only your last forum named "Latest Gadgets" suiting your niche.
Why not, have a forum for discussion about latest news in fashion, movie releases, PC stuffs etc? Everything that targets about the latest stuffs.
It would be a better option, instead of making, "Just another general discussion forum".

And you can bring "unlimited traffic", which i highly doubt though. But that counts nothing, as in a forum, only the activity and post count by members matters. When you say, your forum has 10,000 uniques per day, and have only about 100 members, it won't be considered as successful.
And most of those traffic stuffs affects adsense. So, get rid of them and look for real members.

And i would personally suggest not to restrict guest viewing. People would turn out to other sites, as they would find this annoying.
It will only work for big boards.

Hi thanks for responding I can however assure you I am getting traffic. Why would I lie it would be pointless to be honest. Based on what you said the only think which would perhaps interest me would be the gadgets part, PC stuffs and I guess the Latest News.

The rest does not really do it for me and would be boring to moderate I think if it's something you are not really in to. Would you have any suggestions as to what would be good to possibly start up.

As mentioned I have the traffic hitting the Forum you can see this for yourself, just look at each section there are lots of viewers etc...

Lee
lol. I know traffic is "hitting" you forum. But what's the use of those page views? Unless those viewers register and post, there is no use of it.
If its a blog, pageviews are considered good. But in Forums, only statistics speaks, and not the views.

And for your current forum, the domain doesn't suite.
People would visit your forum thinking its a forum about latest trends. But when they find it to be just another general discussion forum, they eon't come back.
(2011-07-16, 12:11 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]lol. I know traffic is "hitting" you forum. But what's the use of those page views? Unless those viewers register and post, there is no use of it.
If its a blog, pageviews are considered good. But in Forums, only statistics speaks, and not the views.

And for your current forum, the domain doesn't suite.
People would visit your forum thinking its a forum about latest trends. But when they find it to be just another general discussion forum, they eon't come back.

Yep, that is just what I thought to be honest. I think it's going to be back to the drawing board on this one. Any suggestions on what to create I have the time to do so just not the idea on what to use. It seems pretty much everything is some what over saturated.

The traffic is handy and it does get me some members, however like you mentioned they do not come back, it seems most people are only looking for Gaming, Computers, etc... none of which I really know much about.

Lee
Unfortunately the website is not loading for me.
Hi sorry Richard I have decided to delete the Forum.
Do you plan on opening another forum?
(2011-11-24, 08:47 AM)Spudster Wrote: [ -> ]Do you plan on opening another forum?

I actually just created this new showcase here reason being is because this thread is old and out dated. If I were to of edited it nobody would of bothered to look based on the dates.