MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge Problem - SMF 2.0 Gold to newest MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-07-16, 10:37 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]The first thing you could try is restarting Apache. It might be it's not recognising the request.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to help..
Say, you were talking about these revisions earlier. I don't care that they're unstable - Maybe one of them fixed this bug that I'm having. (I'm too lazy to search) Can you link me up to them?
As we speak, I am merging a large forum (300,000 posts) to MyBB using the same merge system and I am not having any problem (VPS with Linux).

But for future reference, you can find revisions on the tracker - http://dev.mybb.com/projects/mybb-import...acker_id=1

Perhaps it's a problem with Windows? I don't think many people (if any at all) have merged on a Windows server before.
(2011-07-16, 10:43 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps it's a problem with Windows? I don't think many people (if any at all) have merged on a Windows server before.

I don't know of anyone who has merged on Windows. However I'll need access to Apache log files to see whats going on here. Could be a bad header, or something wrong with the Windows build of Apache.

Suggestion:
Download VirtualBox. Download <insert name of your favorite Linux distro> and install it into the VBox. Run that webserver and do the merge on it. (After transferring files and databases)

Ff you don't have a favorite Linux I can recommend one, as can many others here. In fact here's my favorites list:
Mandriva (I use Mandriva PowerPack and Mandriva One for my desktops & laptop, and Mandriva Enterprise Server 5 for my Server)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (I used to use their Enterprise Server for my Server)
Fedora (Alternative Desktop on the few machines that Mandriva pukes on)
Pages: 1 2