MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TGC - The Gamer Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Site Name: The Gamer Central
Site URL: http://thegamercentral.com/
Description: A forum based community for all kinds of gamers.
Your Name on the Board: TGC Notch
First impressions: Don't really care for the theme, and all the forum icons seem to be the TF2 logo. and that whole area under the Register link on the right sidebar is clearly not even finished, so why are you even "showcasing"?

You have almost no posts and almost no members.

Why would I join is my question?
(2011-07-16, 08:40 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]First impressions: Don't really care for the theme, and all the forum icons seem to be the TF2 logo. and that whole area under the Register link on the right sidebar is clearly not even finished, so why are you even "showcasing"?

TF2 Logo? I just made up this icon. Why am I showcasing it? To get some feedback. I'm not asking you to join. I would love to have some feedback.
Your logo is not transparent, you have a donation bar & subscription page, on your first week. That's very bad. If you aren't willing to invest your own money to start, don't expect any return. I respect that you actually use a decent theme & domain, however.
(2011-07-17, 12:24 AM)xLEGIT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-16, 08:40 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]First impressions: Don't really care for the theme, and all the forum icons seem to be the TF2 logo. and that whole area under the Register link on the right sidebar is clearly not even finished, so why are you even "showcasing"?

TF2 Logo? I just made up this icon. Why am I showcasing it? To get some feedback. I'm not asking you to join. I would love to have some feedback.
That is feedback. Why would I sign up to your forum is my question; the implication behind that is that I'm suggesting you pay some people to post on your forum and make it look active. Give it content, there needs to be a reason to join your forum instead of the millions of other gaming forums out there.

(2011-07-17, 04:43 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-17, 12:24 AM)xLEGIT Wrote: [ -> ]

That is feedback. Why would I sign up to your forum is my question; the implication behind that is that I'm suggesting you pay some people to post on your forum and make it look active. Give it content, there needs to be a reason to join your forum instead of the millions of other gaming forums out there.

Take a chill pill dude. What males me fro wanton to join your site which hmm.. doesn't run mybb. What sets that apart from the millions of minecraft hosting sites? Your crappy branding and prices?

http://community.mybb.com/thread-74201.html
Section 4 bullet 5

Quote:Links must adhere to the Showcase Guidelines in terms of content and MyBB forums must display the minimum powered by message.

Let's check showcase rules shall we?

First section first bullet:
Quote:It must contain a MyBB powered forum

Finally, back on topic. Forum looks good although the logo is off center and it seems everything is in Courier New.
(2011-07-17, 06:44 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Take a chill pill dude. What males me fro wanton to join your site which hmm.. doesn't run mybb. What sets that apart from the millions of minecraft hosting sites? Your crappy branding and prices?
Firstly, what does "what males me fro wanton to join" even mean?
And secondly, who the hell are you to call me out like that? I'm giving honest, albeit relatively blunt feedback and you just go off on me? Take a chill pill for what? I calmly typed an honest response to OP's request for feedback on his site. You're the one flaming and now I'm upset. This isn't showcasing my site, it's his, no need for that type of comment at all.

And as for the signature comments, I wasn't aware of that rule and removed it.

I'll ask for your opinion when I want it, and it sure as hell won't be in someone else's thread.
(2011-07-17, 08:35 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-17, 06:44 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Take a chill pill dude. What males me fro wanton to join your site which hmm.. doesn't run mybb. What sets that apart from the millions of minecraft hosting sites? Your crappy branding and prices?
Firstly, what does "what males me fro wanton to join" even mean?
And secondly, who the hell are you to call me out like that? I'm giving honest, albeit relatively blunt feedback and you just go off on me? Take a chill pill for what? I calmly typed an honest response to OP's request for feedback on his site. You're the one flaming and now I'm upset. This isn't showcasing my site, it's his, no need for that type of comment at all.

And as for the signature comments, I wasn't aware of that rule and removed it.

I'll ask for your opinion when I want it, and it sure as hell won't be in someone else's thread.

I apologize for my common human error of spelling. Telling people only whats WRONG with their site isn't going to make them feel like they are doing good. I had showed you the RULES which you should have followed and read in the first place and that would have never been in your sig which now you would not be upset. I am only helping out the OP here because he clearly asked for feedback which you DIDN'T give. What you say IS feedback IS not feedback.

I will help you out, feedback: information about reactions to a product, a person's performance of a task, etc., used as a basis for improvement.

As you can see, you gave no information on your reaction to the product which in this case would be TGC. This feedback he would use to get better and improve his website for his visitors.
(2011-07-17, 02:57 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize for my common human error of spelling. Telling people only whats WRONG with their site isn't going to make them feel like they are doing good. I had showed you the RULES which you should have followed and read in the first place and that would have never been in your sig which now you would not be upset. I am only helping out the OP here because he clearly asked for feedback which you DIDN'T give. What you say IS feedback IS not feedback.

I will help you out, feedback: information about reactions to a product, a person's performance of a task, etc., used as a basis for improvement.

As you can see, you gave no information on your reaction to the product which in this case would be TGC. This feedback he would use to get better and improve his website for his visitors.
How is what I said not feedback? I asked him from a prospective users point of view why I would sign up on his forum. I suggested he get forum posters to make his forum look active and make people want to join it, otherwise there's no reason for people to if they can just join one of the millions of established forums out there. Apparently, your definition of feedback is different than mine.

And as for the link being in my sig, that is NO excuse for flaming my like that. You haven't justified it in the slightest and there was still no need for it. Would Matt or G33K go off on me like that? No, they'd have sent me a polite PM telling me to remove the link.
(2011-07-17, 06:49 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]How is what I said not feedback? I asked him from a prospective users point of view why I would sign up on his forum. I suggested he get forum posters to make his forum look active and make people want to join it, otherwise there's no reason for people to if they can just join one of the millions of established forums out there. Apparently, your definition of feedback is different than mine.

didnt you say "so why are you even "showcasing"?"
im pretty sure thats not feedback
Pages: 1 2