MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: more than 1 messageEditor on one page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I'm trying to customise the forum to have more than 1 message editor on one page

I've found the part that says:
	var clickableEditor = new messageEditor("message", {lang: editor_language, rtl: 0, theme: "default"});
	if(clickableEditor){clickableEditor.bindSmilieInserter("clickable_smilies");}
for now, I'm hard coding it and was planning to add the following below:
	var clickableAdvice = new messageEditor("advice", {lang: editor_language, rtl: 0, theme: "default"});
	if(clickableAdvice){clickableAdvice.bindSmilieInserter("clickable_smilies");}

The textarea with the id="advice" is present, but it seems I can't have more than 2 of these message Editors on the same page.

If I remove the script for clickableEditor, clickableAdvice works, if I have both present, only clickableEditor works.

Any idea what I have to do to have more than one Editor on the same page?
Why would you even want more than one editor?
Its related to tenants rights..

One area will be to describe the tenants situation
The other area will be to say "how they would do things differently / provide advice"

There needs to be 2 separate text areas for this particular forum to force the user to always provide the advice

[Other customised forums do this too, DigitalPoints (vBulletin) often have an extra input field for "tags" (not a textarea) when creating posts .. the extra inputs in DP are only small, so they dont need the Editor, in my case I want an extra Textarea so need an extra editor]