MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a plugin for hiding threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a user request to hide threads. I looked for the plugin in mods but can't find one...

What do you mean "hide"?
(2011-07-16, 07:34 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean "hide"?

Basically, there are some topics that they do not want to see, for example, a war topic, so they just hide the topic and it does not show up in the forum listing.

Here is an example:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/dis...&forum=439

There is a [x] right after the topic - that is hide topic button to hide the topic. Since I am banned there for being too leftist here, I cannot show you the difference. You can sign up and look at it.
That doesn't make any sense. Users post a thread but they don't want it to be visible? Might as well not post it then. And can't you just delete the thread per their request?
The individual user hides the thread for them, I think.
(2011-07-16, 08:52 PM)Darth Stabro Wrote: [ -> ]The individual user hides the thread for them, I think.

Yep. That's it.
Oh, I see. That's not a bad idea actually. Should users be able to un-hide threads later?
(2011-07-16, 09:23 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I see. That's not a bad idea actually. Should users be able to un-hide threads later?

Yes.
Well, there is no plugin for this that I know of. But you could probably do this with a little bit of JavaScript. Unless you don't want users to access the threads they hid from another thread (e.g. user1 links to a thread that user2 has decided to hide), in which case you'd need to do something more.
I have zero coding experience. I wonder if someone would make one?
Pages: 1 2