MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tags on Posts Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I really appreciate all your hard work on mybb, it is a great tool that has allowed members of my forum to colaborate really well.

But one thing that mybb is missing badly is a feature to add tags to posts.

Adding tags to posts would greatly increase SEO (adding the tags to the meta keywords) and relevance on google and would make it easier to locate similar threads which are sometimes in different sub-forums.

I tried to use a plugin, but the only one I could find would only generate tags automatically out of the titles and wouldn't allow you to edit these tags. Another problem of this plugin is that it breaks down each word as a single tag.

If what I'm asking is available as a plugin, could someone point that to me? I would ask this to be developed directly in mybb, as this is a very important feature

thanks!
(2011-07-16, 10:31 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-55796.html

The tags plugin echofloripa was unsatisfied and writing about was exactly that one, he/she tried it 3 months ago!

If you want to try our Advanced Thread Tags you will notice that it is fully supported and offer a lot of options.

That plugin is for subscribers only and also support the Flash Tags Cloud 3D script.
I tried that now, but it seems that there is no setting to add the tags to the meta keywords. Is there any way to do that?

What would be really helpful as well is to have some type of auto-completion when writing the tags, like they do on stackoverflow.com, to avoid having differently written tags that mean the same
exdiogene
I just tried to register but I get this message:
Quote:"You cannot register here behind a Proxy or from specific regions! "

I am not behind a proxy and I am located in Brazil.
Our plugin use the tags of the thread on its own page, then each thread showed with different meta keywords, that is good for SEO. Different options are available for the tags associated with a thread, they can be entered manually and/or scanned automaticaly...

You can see it in action on our index page here :
http://mybbcodes.com/

It is the bottom multicolored Tags Cloud windows, the 3D Flash script is also enabled in the left column... Wink

exdiogene: coulod u help me with the registration proccess?