MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Installing My Advertisements Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have downloaded this "My Advertisements" plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/my-advertisements I am new to MyBB, and the only instructions for installation are "Upload contents of the Upload folder to the root of your MyBB installation." The upload folder contains two items, a folder called "inc" and a folder called "jscripts". Does this mean that I am just supposed to upload both of these folders directly into the "forums" folder? It already contains two folders with the same names. Am I supposed to overwrite those folders? Or am I really supposed to upload only the items from these folders? To be clear, there are also multiple levels of sub-folders within those two folders. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited to add: I chose this plugin because it seemed to be the most highly recommended, and it also seemed to be pretty flexible. If anybody has any other plugins they prefer, I would be interested in hearing about them.
Just overwrite the folders. It won't affect any other files.
Got it. Thanks. I didn't want to overwrite anything important. I appreciate the help!
Huh? Isn't this supposed to go in the inc > plugin folder?

Especially in MyBB 1.8 upwards. Overwriting the existing inc and jscripts folders seems very dodgy to me..
(2016-02-24, 01:48 AM)HvK Wrote: [ -> ]Huh? Isn't this supposed to go in the inc > plugin folder?

Especially in MyBB 1.8 upwards. Overwriting the existing inc and jscripts folders seems very dodgy to me..

If it's a single PHP file, yes. It depends on how the author packaged it.

The way filesystems work, it won't remove and recreate the folders. New files will be added and files with the same names will be overridden. However, that shouldn't be a problem. In the event a file of the same name already exists your FTP client should warn you before continuing.