MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb And Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First i realy love Mybb and Excelent Support here But:::
Hi to all i think becouse Mybb its Free all plugin here must be free without advertise for pay plugin like in Phpbb,also Can you be more stringent for people who provide plugin becouse couple time i install some of the plugin and ruin and destroy whole my test forum,that way i think cannot approve any plugin who not tested for everything and anything,that is just my opinion and small suggest for better and more secure Mybb
With the license MyBB is using, and because it's open source, there's nothing MyBB can do about it.

Not all plugins are released on the mods site, some people have their own sites for their plugins (whether they be free, paid or both). MyBB can't force them to give them every plugin to check they're secure.

As for a 'more secure MyBB', MyBB is already very secure. Just don't add every plugin under the sun.

I could create my own forum software using MyBB as a base and no one could object. That's the freedom of open source software.

that is true but i think every plugin who posted in download site must be chek for 1000 times before be approved,thats my opinion
AFAIK, plugins are checked for general malicious code, but MyBB isn't going to test each one out. It's up to the developers of the plugins to keep them updated.
(2011-07-17, 07:17 AM)lexy Wrote: [ -> ]that is true but i think every plugin who posted in download site must be chek for 1000 times before be approved,thats my opinion

I'm sure if they found someone willing to dedicate that much time to just that for free they would gladly add them to the team.

You have to remember the staff all do this in thier free time free of charge.
Considering the fact nobody else has been saying that plugins they've downloaded have 'destroyed' their forum I'm pretty sure it was something you did wrong. What plugins did you install??
Like i said so that is test forum with lots of plugin if i remeber it last one who give me big problem is
pro portal and google translate plugin or something like that,
when something like this hapened i just delete test forum and install another one
so i talking about this when you have lots of plugin in your forum and you install plugin who not tested in large boards Problems occur to avoid this just suggest that all my point here to tested all plugin how to works with other one and iff problems occur its easy fix it and warn people about that.
I do not want to be smart here, but nobody wants to destroy the forum when you install the plugin
Thousands of people have installed pro portal and especially Google SEO and it's not caused any problems, I can pretty much guarantee that if your forum became unusable after installing them, it was because of something you did, and nothing to do with the plugins themselves. What actually happened to the forum anyway??
what happened like said so destroy and messing up forum and my header without see login field so i login in forum like admin goes to admin url anyway maybe i got some snapshot hmmm ok i find it but this happened before and i fixed it and report to author of plugin this is example what happened when you have 50 and more plugins instaled in board and tested it on diferent themes.

Both those errors are on your part. Use the plugin support forum section to get help. As for your suggestion. It's based on your own ineptness.
Pages: 1 2