MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Me Restoring Forum!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was moving to another host.
i copied all files of old host and copied to the new host.
backuped old database from mybb admin panel and imported that via phpmyadmin on new host.
on new host edited config.php and given correct mysql information..
everything is fine but i am having problem with folder and file permissons..
in the document in my copy of mybb written that " CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php (you must rename config.default.php to config.php first)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)

CHMOD the following folders to 777 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to and execute from them).
./cache/
./cache/themes/
./uploads/
./uploads/avatars/
./admin/backups/ (optional)
"

So i have done that but i am still having some errors at top of forum..and i think thats all related to folder perms..
so please give me the correct folder perms for all files and folders..Thank u.

oNE OF THE ERROR I POSTED IN THE SCRNSHOT---
in general, this type of warnings appear due to empty space in the beginning / at the end of php files..
i have not modified any of the mybb files yet..so why this error?
Your new host is probably running PHP 5.3 and has magic quotes enabled, while your old host doesn't. Magic quotes were deprecated in PHP 5.3, so you need to contact your web host and have them to disable magic quotes. Temporarily, you can use this fix:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-93847-p...#pid685533
But friend tell me.. the lnc folder CHMOD settings...and also for the other folder.. bcoz if i chmod lnc to 666 it gives many more errors.
if you chmod to 777 and 666 and you still cannot write to the file, then you may need ot change the user that apache runs as.
(2011-07-17, 10:26 AM)dipan08rock Wrote: [ -> ]I was moving to another host.
i copied all files of old host and copied to the new host.
backuped old database from mybb admin panel and imported that via phpmyadmin on new host.
on new host edited config.php and given correct mysql information..
everything is fine but i am having problem with folder and file permissons..
in the document in my copy of mybb written that " CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php (you must rename config.default.php to config.php first)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)

CHMOD the following folders to 777 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to and execute from them).
./cache/
./cache/themes/
./uploads/
./uploads/avatars/
./admin/backups/ (optional)
"

So i have done that but i am still having some errors at top of forum..and i think thats all related to folder perms..
so please give me the correct folder perms for all files and folders..Thank u.

oNE OF THE ERROR I POSTED IN THE SCRNSHOT---

After you chmod the above files/folders to 666/777, go to your admincp >> tools & maintenance and look at the bottom of the page if it gives you an ok for the file/folder chmods.

The error you're getting is not because of the chmods though, its probably due to an extra space in one of the files you edited. (You mentioned you edited config.php). This can happen if you use a program like notepad/wordpad to make the edits and the programs add invisible characters to the file that mess up. Use a program like Notepad++ to make the edits.
Open ./inc/class_error.php in an editor other than notepad (I suggest Notepad++) and make sure there are no white spaces before the <?php tag.
let me chek it...thanks v.much
but i edited it with Cpanel code editor...
(2011-07-18, 06:24 PM)dipan08rock Wrote: [ -> ]let me chek it...thanks v.much
but i edited it with Cpanel code editor...

than you might have by mistake pressed space infront of <?php.