MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RELEASE] I'm Subscribed v2.0 with forum support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is an improvement of the excellent I'm Subscribed plugin by Aquilez, which displays an (un)subscribed icon next to each thread, reflecting whether the user is subscribed to the thread or not.

Thanks for a very well-written plugin. It made it easy for me to add support for forum subscriptions in only a few hours (this was my first major contribution to a plugin).

Improvements:
  • Added support for forum subscriptions
  • Added title attribute to the images, to be displayed as tooltips on mouseover
  • Added height and width attributes for the images, to earn maximum PageSpeed/YSlow grade
  • Minor simplifications to the SQL queries and replacement regexps
  • Moved hooks before _info(), per plugin development guidelines
  • Fixed link to plugin website
  • Expanded the Readme.txt with changelog, installation and customization instructions

Demo: http://forum.quantifiedself.com/ (of course, you need to register to see if you're subscribed to anything)

Thanks again to Aquilez, and I hope he'll review my changes and put the new versions on mods.mybb.com.
Wrong forum?

I will check it, thanks Smile
(2011-07-17, 06:53 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Wrong forum?

It was against the rules to post it in the Releases forum:

Quote:For your thread to be approved, your submission must be available on the MyBB Mods site. If you have not submitted it here, and the download is just in the post, or in an external location, your thread will not be approved.

After Aquilez updates the plugin on the MyBB Mods site, we'll ask for a moderator to move the thread.
More thoughts on this plugin, 2 days later:

It's a nice status indicator type of plugin, but it doesn't seem to entice users to subscribe to forums. From the 35 users who have been active on my board during the past 40 hours (Sunday and Monday), none made any new forum subscription.

If the (un)subscribed icons were an AJAX control that toggled the subscription status, that might work better. They should also probably look larger than the current 16x16 icons.
A little help please!

I installed as directed, copying the files to the proper locations, then clicked the install and activate button. The successful install message appeared at the top, but the plugin did not show as activated and continued to display install and activate. So I pressed it again, and a few more times, with the same results.

I then went to check on the forum, and there are 6 not subscribed icons on each forum thread! There is still no uninstall option on the plugins page, and I have no clue how to manually disable this plugin. I am really really hoping I don't have to reinstall.

Help!

EDIT: Removing it from my plugin folder gets rid of it being displayed, but I did want to use the plugin, any way to get rid of the other 5 calls to it?
(2011-08-05, 09:31 PM)Phant0mX Wrote: [ -> ]I installed as directed, copying the files to the proper locations, then clicked the install and activate button. The successful install message appeared at the top, but the plugin did not show as activated and continued to display install and activate. So I pressed it again, and a few more times, with the same results.

Sounds like the plugin couldn't create its setting group. Can you run this query on your MyBB database and paste its results?

select * from settinggroups where name="im_subscribed";

(2011-08-05, 09:31 PM)Phant0mX Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Removing it from my plugin folder gets rid of it being displayed, but I did want to use the plugin, any way to get rid of the other 5 calls to it?

You can go to your template set in ACP and edit Forum Display Templates -> forumdisplay_thread and forumbit_depth2_forum, removing <!-- ImSubscribed --> ... <!-- /ImSubscribed -->.

After you do that, edit im_subscribed.php, and in function im_subscribed_activate(), after "global $db", add this line:

im_subscribed_deactivate();

Now try to install and activate the plugin again.
Hello Smile

I attached a file with an updated version of the plugin. If I'm correct about what is causing the error, this version should work fine.
[attachment=23702]
Is there any way to the select the title tag in the selected language?

Have tried it with {$ lang-> XXX} in the title = "" tag, but it is exactly what I writing into the tag, like {$lang->XXX}
I have installed the plugin but works not good.

At the threads the icons shows up but the forums not, can you help me fix this because by the forums it not working!!!