MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [not solvable here]Problems with MyBB ForumS (even this one)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

not sure where the problem is... my computer (Mac), my setting, MyBB... No idea.

Anyway, in a nutshell, in this page (the one I am writing from) I don't have the formatting buttons (like Bold, Italic, Colour, etc.). If you want to have a look, here is a snapshot of another forum:
http://db.tt/OKCGt32
This seems to apply to all MyBB forums (this one is the 4th I have been
on today), so I can safely exclude I have done something daft on my forum.

In addition, I have noticed that quite often the page on a MyBB forum seems to be loading ad infinitum, until I click on "Stop".

Any ideas???

Currently I am using Firefox 5.0, but on 4.0 it was the same thing and so was on 3.6.
The operating system is OSX 10.6.7

Cannot think of any other information that might be relevant.

TIA
Go to User CP > Edit Options. Is "Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages." ticked?
Hi there,

yes, "Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages." is ticked (I have checked on 2 different forums).

Just to clarify, I personally manage only one forum, but then I accessed 3 more where I am an ordinary member (all MyBB) and the results where the same.
Do you have JavaScript enabled?

And have you tried a different web browser? Not a different version of Firefox, but a different browser (e.g. Google Chrome).
It's definitely something specific to your browser or machine if it happens here too. I have the same OS and I'm testing in the same browser as you, and it's fine.
yes, I had tried Safari and right now with Google Chrome... no joy.

My wife on her MacBook gets the same results and similarly on an Android phoneSadSad
Yes, Java script is enabled
Sounds like your internet connection then. If you're getting problems on so many forums on so many different devices it's not something we can fix.
Well, this computer is currently using a dongle for mobile internet.
My wife's laptop is tethered to her phone, but her phone and my dongle are with two different providers.
Could it still be the internet connection?

Tomorrow I'll try with with a fixed connection...
Well there's nothing special in MyBB that's going to mean that you specifically have these problems on all sites that are powered by MyBB, that's my point. It sounds like it's just taking a long time to load, so the javascript editor doesn't finish loading, that wouldn't be an error with MyBB itself.
(2011-07-17, 10:02 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Well there's nothing special in MyBB that's going to mean that you specifically have these problems on all sites that are powered by MyBB, that's my point. It sounds like it's just taking a long time to load, so the javascript editor doesn't finish loading, that wouldn't be an error with MyBB itself.

I see...
On this site when I reply (like now; full reply) the page has loaded completely (no spinning circles anywhere), but the page is not really complete (no HTML shortcuts). In other forums (includin my one) quite often the page would be loading endlessly.

My question is, if the problem is Java related, is there any other feature within a MyBB forum I can look at to see if it is malfunctioning as well?
OK, I have tried with a different (fixed) connection and the forum's look is fine, so the conclusion is that the problem lies with my mobile internet connection.
Not sure what to do about it, as I am sure I am sure I will have to spend ages on the phone with the provider's help desk... Maybe I'll just put up with it until I can get my fixed connection back (unless someone comes up with a brilliant idea).