MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Insta-ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want an instantaneous ban feature. Where you simply type in a wildcard and all users that the wildcard applies to will be instantly IP banned.
For example, you type in "a*" and all usernames that begin with "a" will be IP banned. And it can also be used to delete a range, like you type in "a*-z*" and all usernames that begin with letters will be instantly banned, or "0*-9*", etc.

You know what I mean. Can that be included? If not, I think I'll just make it as a plugin myself and sell it. Profit??
This plugin would be far more destructive than productive imo, and I don't think anyone would buy such a simple-sounding plugin.
I don't really see this being useful, why would you want to mass ban people based on the username.
(2011-07-17, 10:34 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really see this being useful, why would you want to mass ban people based on the username.

I have a reason.
(2011-07-17, 11:13 PM)ABC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-17, 10:34 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really see this being useful, why would you want to mass ban people based on the username.

I have a reason.

You have a reason, but most other people don't. So good luck selling a product that no one wants...I still don't even see how this is productive.
Plugin. You could just use a MySQL Query couldn't you?