MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want to learn PHP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have many plugin ideas, and I can't just bother a plugin person to make more and more on a whim...
I decided maybe I make my own!
I know HTML and CSS, but not PHP, so I would like to know where I can get a huge guide site (like w3schools). Also, any sites to help with MyBB plugins work too.
I've tried the Plugin Maker by Pirata Nervo, but I don't understand how the plugin system works.
Any help here would be nice!
google:- PHP tutorial

You will find tons Smile
Best site for it: php.net

The best way to learn I think is to just use it, reading tutorials helps, but only when you're practicing alongside it. Best way to start is just code a guestbook, read tutorials for it, copy + paste, whatever you need to get it completed. Once it's finished I promise you'll have a better understanding of the whole language (As long as you don't just copy + paste 90% of it XD).

But yeah, site wise php.net.
Look here:
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=74

Also look at some other, simpler plugins like my Simple Custom Status one and see what does what.
I really want to as well. Currently I am saving to purchase a Kindle so I can read books on it and some others that fancy me.

EDIT: If you are wondering why I am getting a kindle rather then than the real book itself, it is because I do not like to read on paper. My friend from work reads on a Kindle and I tried it out and it was magnificent. The screen looks like paper but it isn't. It also has an INSANE battery life and is very small/thin. Currently you can also get it with free 3G with a special deal they got going on.
Or you could just use the plethora of free tutorials across the net. I've been doing that and so far it's been working great for me.
Plethora? What's that and link?
plethora means excessive.

(2011-07-18, 02:01 AM)Wes the Bes Wrote: [ -> ]Plethora? What's that and link?

There's a few good ones, this one is the best.

PHP101:For the absolute beginner!

Here are some others.

Tizag - Unlock your potential!
W3Schools PHP tutorial.

SAMS also has some good books on PHP.

Also, what OS are you running? You might check out WAMP/LAMP/XAMP.
Pages: 1 2