MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Selling Past Designs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tell you what. I'll give you $10 for all of em.
I don't want to sound like an a-hole on this one, but I agree with most of the people in this topic. You can't sell rights to a design without the PSD. How do we know you're the maker of these templates if you don't even have the main source files anymore. Like someone stated before, it's like taking a screenshot of a website and selling it. I doubt you're going to make any sales on these. I know I wouldn't by so called "rights" to a design without the PSD files.
(2011-07-20, 03:52 AM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]Tell you what. I'll give you $10 for all of em.

For just the .PNG? Not coded or anything? You have yourself a deal.

(2011-07-20, 03:53 AM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to sound like an a-hole on this one, but I agree with most of the people in this topic. You can't sell rights to a design without the PSD. How do we know you're the maker of these templates if you don't even have the main source files anymore. Like someone stated before, it's like taking a screenshot of a website and selling it. I doubt you're going to make any sales on these. I know I wouldn't by so called "rights" to a design without the PSD files.

^^
3, 4, and 5 are pretty cool.
(2011-07-24, 01:06 AM)Dialatic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-20, 03:52 AM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]Tell you what. I'll give you $10 for all of em.

(2011-07-20, 03:53 AM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to sound like an a-hole on this one, but I agree with most of the people in this topic. You can't sell rights to a design without the PSD. How do we know you're the maker of these templates if you don't even have the main source files anymore. Like someone stated before, it's like taking a screenshot of a website and selling it. I doubt you're going to make any sales on these. I know I wouldn't by so called "rights" to a design without the PSD files.

^^

Whats stopping me from taking all these for free?
(2011-07-24, 09:18 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Whats stopping me from taking all these for free?

Maybe the same as some of us:

Morality
(2011-07-24, 09:18 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-24, 01:06 AM)Dialatic Wrote: [ -> ]

^^

Whats stopping me from taking all these for free?

(2011-07-24, 10:21 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-24, 09:18 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Whats stopping me from taking all these for free?

Maybe the same as some of us:

Morality

Exactly. You could easily steal them and use them yourselves, but it would be wrong. It's just like ripping a design from a live website, you can do it, but people will find out and it is frowned upon.

I know they are badly worth anything without the PSD's but I want to help out members of this community.
(2011-07-18, 09:46 AM)Andraž Rihtar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-18, 05:42 AM)Dialatic Wrote: [ -> ]I need some money, so I'm selling designs.
No offense, but I'd like to correct you. You're selling PNG images (or previews) of designs.

(2011-07-18, 05:42 AM)Dialatic Wrote: [ -> ]I'm taking offers. I will sell full rights to the image to you (you will get the .PNG only - no .PSDs anymore), or I can code it for you and also sell you full rights.
Images are clearly seen right on this forum, meaning that they're most likely not worth anything at all without a PSD file, considering that anyone can just save them to their machine.

Anyway, good luck with the sales!

your wrong, though it is true you could save this images, if it would to be coded it would be known as copyright, thus you don't have the author permission, thus you are breaking the law, if someone buys it then they may re-produce the image in an html file.
(2011-07-24, 07:33 PM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]I know they are badly worth anything without the PSD's but I want to help out members of this community.

Thanks a lot man.

(2011-07-24, 08:18 PM)Mr.tnr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-18, 09:46 AM)Andraž Rihtar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-18, 05:42 AM)Dialatic Wrote: [ -> ]I need some money, so I'm selling designs.
No offense, but I'd like to correct you. You're selling PNG images (or previews) of designs.

(2011-07-18, 05:42 AM)Dialatic Wrote: [ -> ]I'm taking offers. I will sell full rights to the image to you (you will get the .PNG only - no .PSDs anymore), or I can code it for you and also sell you full rights.
Images are clearly seen right on this forum, meaning that they're most likely not worth anything at all without a PSD file, considering that anyone can just save them to their machine.

Anyway, good luck with the sales!

your wrong, though it is true you could save this images, if it would to be coded it would be known as copyright, thus you don't have the author permission, thus you are breaking the law, if someone buys it then they may re-produce the image in an html file.

Exactly, thanks for the support.

It'd be like going into a designers portfolio, and reproducing their designs.

Anyways, sold these to Lyndon, thanks a lot for the help!
Pages: 1 2