MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing mybb on 000webhost with different domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hy, i switched from byethost to 000webhost and i'm using a different domain (not the domains that they provide)...quetsion is where should i put the content of the upload folder (mybb), should i make a new directory or just upload it to the public_html directory?
public_html is the place and edit the inc/settings.php change the domain with the one you will use.
(2011-07-18, 09:15 AM)zZJoennZz Wrote: [ -> ]public_html is the place and edit the inc/settings.php change the domain with the one you will use.

thank you very much
if you want forum in URL then make forum folder and upload the contents of upload directory
i.e. mybb installation will be accessed from domain URL/forum

if you want direct URL then upload the contents of upload directory to public_html directory
(2011-07-18, 09:16 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]if you want forum in URL then make forum folder and upload the contents of upload directory
i.e. mybb installation will be accessed from domain URL/forum

if you want direct URL then upload the contents of upload directory to public_html directory

i have a domain from cz.cc...when i was using byethost i had to make a directory with the url name and a directory called htdocs...so then i'll go my-domain.cz.cc/install

how should i do it now?
if forum installation is to be accessed from domain URL then either it is htdocs OR public_html (only one exists)
most probably it is public_html AND you do not have to make that directory. it should be already available
(2011-07-18, 09:33 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]if forum installation is to be accessed from domain URL then either it is htdocs OR public_html (only one exists)
most probably it is public_html AND you do not have to make that directory. it should be already available

yes, 000webhost has a public_html folder...what folder should already be available?

ok, everything is working now but i can't go pass the database configuration window......i don't know whats wrong since i've put everything correct
What is the error? If there is an error, that means that you did enter something incorrectly.
(2011-07-18, 09:36 AM)///PESSO Wrote: [ -> ]ok, everything is working now but i can't go pass the database configuration window......i don't know whats wrong since i've put everything correct

Have you import your database , if it is than make sure database name, username and password in /inc/config.php match exactly to your database in new host.