MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: E-mail on board..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i try to send email to all users in the Administrator control panel.. it says it sent.. but when i go check one of the accounts.. in the email there is NOTHING from my mybb installation. I have checked the spam folders etc.. I think it dosent send at all.. I have changed webhosts to see if that was the issue.. but its not. still happens.. Can anyone help me?

Thank you.
Did your test account tick the option 'Receive Email from Adminstrators' ?
I am the administrator
Go to your User CP -> Edit Options -> Messaging and Notification -> Receive emails from the Administrators.

Tick that option.
Thats going to make NO difference if i OVERRIDE the allowence within my ADMIN panel.
Can you just try the above stated method and see if it works.

Also, I can't speak for every support person here, but when somebody uses capital letters in a post with an obvious tone of aggravation, aimed at a person who is only trying to help, don't expect much help from them. They have given up their time to come and help out people who are having problems, and they deserve respect.
Did you try to email users in a specific usergroup, or with specific criteria? Can you check if your PHP mail is working? [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Are any other mailing features working on your forum (subscriptions, activation emails, etc)?
Just an thought, but maybe this should be checked on installing the board so people know if they can send mail or not?
all has been checked, Im just saying theres a problem.. i have seen that other people had / have the problem.. and it needs to be fixed.
Most of the time, the mail problems where mail isn't being received are with the configuration of the PHP mail (either restriction by your webhost or SMTP server or other). All the mail features of MyBB are proven to have worked.

If you try the mail testing script at [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead), you can see if PHP can send the mail, and to see if you receive it.