MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editor size problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Still needing this fixed please.
I sent faviouz a PM, but he hasn't responded or has been on the site using the test account.
Sorry, kind of forgot about this. Toungue

Your theme is very weird. Looks like the author tried to hide the original <textarea> and created a new one with a bunch of surrounding divs with height and width properties attached to them. Can you please post the contents of your newthread and newreply template here? Also, I need you to follow the tutorial I linked you to in my first post.
Newthread:

<html>
<head>
<title>{$lang->newthread_in}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/post.js?ver=1400"></script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$preview}
{$thread_errors}
{$attacherror}
<form action="newthread.php?fid={$fid}&amp;processed=1" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="input">
<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->post_new_thread}</strong></td>
</tr>
{$loginbox}
<tr>
<td class="trow2" width="20%"><strong>{$lang->thread_subject}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2">{$prefixselect}<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>
</tr>
{$extra_threadfields}{$posticons}
<tr>
<td class="trow2" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->your_message}</strong>{$smilieinserter}</td>
<td class="trow2">
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2">{$message}</textarea>
{$codebuttons}
{$multiquote_external}
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->post_options}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">
<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" tabindex="7"{$postoptionschecked['signature']} /> {$lang->options_sig}</label>
{$disablesmilies}</span></td>
</tr>
{$modoptions}
{$subscriptionmethod}
{$pollbox}
{$captcha}
</table>
{$attachbox}
<br />
<div style="text-align:center"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->post_thread}" tabindex="4" accesskey="s" />  <input type="submit" class="button" name="previewpost" value="{$lang->preview_post}" tabindex="5" />{$savedraftbutton}</div>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_newthread" />
<input type="hidden" name="posthash" value="{$posthash}" />
<input type="hidden" name="attachmentaid" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="attachmentact" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="quoted_ids" value="{$quoted_ids}" />
<input type="hidden" name="tid" value="{$tid}" />
{$editdraftpid}
</form>
{$forumrules}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

Newreply:
<html>
<head>
<title>{$lang->post_reply_to}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/post.js?ver=1400"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/fitonpage.js?ver=230"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	var fitonpage_on = "{$mybb->settings['g33k_fitonpage_enabled']}";
	var fitonpage_resize = "{$mybb->settings['g33k_fitonpage_resize']}";
	var fitonpage_fluid = "{$mybb->settings['g33k_fitonpage_fluid']}";
	var fitonpage_topbar_resized = "{$lang->fitonpage_topbar_resized}";
	var fitonpage_topbar_full = "{$lang->fitonpage_topbar_full}";
	var fitonpage_topbar_text_class = "{$mybb->settings['g33k_fitonpage_topbar_text_class']}";
	var fitonpage_topbar_bground = "{$mybb->settings['g33k_fitonpage_topbar_bground']}";
	var fitonpage_topbar_icon = "{$mybb->settings['g33k_fitonpage_topbar_icon']}";
	var fitonpage_location = "newreply";
-->
</script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$preview}
{$maximageserror}
{$attacherror}
{$reply_errors}
<form action="newreply.php?tid={$tid}&amp;processed=1" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="input">
<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->post_new_reply}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->reply_to}</strong></span></td>
</tr>
{$loginbox}
<tr>
<td class="trow2" width="20%"><strong>{$lang->post_subject}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2"><input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>
</tr>
{$posticons}
<tr>
<td class="trow2" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->your_message}</strong><br />{$smilieinserter}</td>
<td class="trow2">
<textarea id="message" name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2" >{$message}</textarea>
{$codebuttons}
{$multiquote_external}
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->post_options}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">
<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" tabindex="6"{$postoptionschecked['signature']} /> {$lang->options_sig}</label>
{$disablesmilies}
</span></td>
</tr>
{$modoptions}
{$subscriptionmethod}
{$captcha}
</table>
{$attachbox}
<br />
<div align="center"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->post_reply}" tabindex="3" accesskey="s" />  <input type="submit" class="button" name="previewpost" value="{$lang->preview_post}" tabindex="4" />{$savedraftbutton}</div>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_newreply" />
<input type="hidden" name="replyto" value="{$replyto}" />
<input type="hidden" name="posthash" value="{$posthash}" />
<input type="hidden" name="attachmentaid" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="attachmentact" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="quoted_ids" value="{$quoted_ids}" />
<input type="hidden" name="tid" value="{$tid}" />
{$editdraftpid}
</form>
{$forumrules}
{$threadreview}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

And sure, I'll do that if it's going to lead the issue getting fixed the right way. The quick reply doesn't automatically resize to fit the box when following this tutorial however, which is annoying.
Forget what I said about the <textarea> and your theme, I got confused there. However, I still need you to follow the tutorial so I can understand why it's not fitting.
(2011-07-20, 04:52 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Forget what I said about the <textarea> and your theme, I got confused there. However, I still need you to follow the tutorial so I can understand why it's not fitting.

The horrible deed is done. Hope you find out what the problem is soon.
The editor looks fine to me now, as I expected it to after you followed the tutorial. Are you still facing this issue? If so, what browser are you using?

[attachment=23452]
(2011-07-20, 06:57 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]The editor looks fine to me now, as I expected it to after you followed the tutorial. Are you still facing this issue? If so, what browser are you using?

It looks fine in the new thread/post page, though small. I know I can change that.
My problem is I use the Advanced Quick Reply plugin and the editor won't automatically resize to fit the quick reply box, which since my theme is fluid I would like to happen for both the quick reply and the advanced reply.
Just use 100% for the width (in both lines), it will automatically fit into the box.
(2011-07-20, 09:17 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Just use 100% for the width (in both lines), it will automatically fit into the box.

http://prntscr.com/2ddxm

Quite perplexing.
I can't help you if you constantly keep reverting the changes. How am I supposed to debug it if I don't see what's wrong? You're really not helping in making this quick... Undecided

From the looks of it, you used 100% in both width and height properties, which is not what I told you to do. You should have used 100% in the two width lines that the tutorial tells you to edit. The height can remain a fixed value. Like so:

// Determine the overall height and width - messy, but works
w = "100%";
h = "400px";
this.editor.style.width = w;
this.editor.style.height = h;

textInput.style.height = "400px";
textInput.style.width = "100%";

(you should actually use slightly smaller values in this last block of code which refers to the <textarea> element inside the editor, and it shouldn't be the same size or it will look bad)
Pages: 1 2 3