MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to move forum from domain root to folder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As title says really. i want to move my forum, its contents, users etc etc from te root domain o a folder so instead of the forum being at domain.com it will be at domain.com/forum

Is this possible and how?
That's a tough one, normally I would say:

1. Create the destination folder.
2. Highlight all MyBB files and folders.
3. Move into destination folder.

But you'd have to do some configurations to the .php files to make it look for /home/forums/blah.php
Instead of /home/blah.php
1. Login to your admincp and make the changes to the url and cookie settings to reflect the new url. For example the board url would go from example.com to example.com/forum and the cookie path would go from / to /forum/. Save the changes. After saving the changes, you might get logged out and might find the forum looses its theme, this is expected.

2. Login to your ftp and create the forum folder in your root folder. Move all the mybb files to the forum folder. Double check to make sure that the files/folders still have the proper chmods in their new locations. See this wiki for reference: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/CHMOD_Files

3. You should now be able to go to example.com/forum and login and make sure everything works.
Thanks I will give that a go and see how we get on.