MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Force New Users to Read Rules.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over a year ago, I visited a message board that forced new users to wait a certain period of time in front of the list of rules before they could finally go past and onto the real forum and the posts.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember what the name of that board was, and I do not know what system it was running on, but it was most likely not MyBB.

Is there any way a similar plugin could be made to force new members to read the rules right after they have registered, before going back to the index ?
try this plug-in Force Users to View a Thread . if you face any problems in using it (eg.) then report here..
Ah, OK, this is something we could try. If the same could be done but with a timer at the end of which a "Continue" button would appear, that would be even better, because I am sure that people would just open the thread, "viewing" it, but not actually read it.

We already send a welcome private message upon registration, and a lot of our users are kids who do not read it at all, but they open it, marking it as read, and then go break the rules around the forums.