MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add User to multiple Usergroups...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On vBulletin boards, when I've been promoted to another usergroup, I can still choose whether I want to be displayed in the new usergroup, or the old one...

... for example, on a forum I registered to, I started as a "Registered Member" then I was promoted to a "Contributing Member" after I contributed a model, however, I still had the option to show myself in the "Registered Member," usergroup if I wanted to.

How can I do that in MyBB...
Edit: below two responses are specific to the query & more precise Smile

Admin can select the display group for the member - it is for showing purpose only ..
for example, a member may be shown as an admin but may not have admin privileges

for this, find the user in admin panel, edit user --> edit profile --> Display User Group
Users can select which group to show too. For this, use the Promotion System with the 'Secondary Group' option enable, then the user can select which group to show on profile and postbit from UCP.

But as ranjani said, secondary groups doesn't overwrite the primary group when it comes to privileges.
Usercp > Group Memberships >

And you'd see an option called 'Set as display group' if you are part of any particular usergroup other than your current usergroup.
On my forum, I have a guest member account I use for testing...

I set the account to Registered, and then promoted the account to Active Members... I went to Usercp, then Group Memberships, the 2 that are listed are:

Active Members (You cannot leave your primary group)
Registered (Display Group)

At first, Registered had (Makes this your display group) or something along those lines, so I clicked that, but now, if the user wanted to go back to Active Members as the display group, there is no option next to it, to set it as the display group... and next to Registered in the Leave group, it says (You cannot leave this user group), and next to Active Members it says (You cannot leave your primary group).
That is weird, can you post a screenshot of your promotion system and this test user setting page?
(2011-07-21, 10:42 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]That is weird, can you post a screenshot of your promotion system and this test user setting page?

The 2 user groups I have in the Group Promotion's page in the ACP are Active Members, and Top Contributors.

For the testing user settings page, all I do is through the ACP change the test accounts user group. and see if the permissions, etc. are there, however, those are the only 2 actual promotions that are automatic... the other user group is Resources Contributor which is a manual promotion, if a member contributes a resource... those are the only actual promotional type user groups, the rest are the admin and (super) mods groups.

To become an Active Member, a user must have 5 or more posts.
To become a Top Contributor, a user must have 300 or more posts.

Active Members are promoted from the Registered user group.
Top Contributors are promoted from the Active Members user group.

Both of their User Group Change Type, is set to 'Secondary User Group.'

Quote:Select 'Primary User Group' if the user should have their primary user group changed to the new user group. Select 'Secondary User Group' if the user should have the new user group added as an secondary user group to their profile.