MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Decrypt md5+salt? password from phpmyadmin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
do u know?a friend of me asking this because he wanna know how to find out the password because he want to connect to users via log in and without plugin or change their password.

is it possible?
You can't. That's the whole point of encryption. You can't decrypt them.

if it is really needed then use a plug-in for the purpose !!
not sure such plug-in exists on this site (external link)
If you could decrypt hashes there would be some HUGE security issues on pretty much every site with a login.
(2011-07-20, 04:49 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]If you could decrypt hashes there would be some HUGE security issues on pretty much every site with a login.

Yea but some guys doWinkand might know too
It's actually impossible to 'decrypt' MD5 hashes. The only way is to match against a database of generated md5 and plain text data.

(2011-07-20, 05:56 PM)Ultimated Wrote: [ -> ]Yea but some guys doWinkand might know too

No they don't, they bruteforce the hashes or use rainbow tables. Which means they literally just have a program check every possible combination of numbers, letters, words, and symbols it can until it finds a matching hash.
(2011-07-20, 06:06 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-20, 05:56 PM)Ultimated Wrote: [ -> ]Yea but some guys doWinkand might know too

No they don't, they bruteforce the hashes or use rainbow tables. Which means they literally just have a program check every possible combination of numbers, letters, words, and symbols it can until it finds a matching hash.

Which requires quite a bit of processing power.
You can't just write a plugin to do it, as has been said, if it was that simple to unencrypt a salted hash, then there wouldn't be any point in encrypting it in the first place.
i will try to figure out by my own and if i will i will let u know
Pages: 1 2