MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change submit to site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2011-07-20, 12:01 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I'd also plug a lot of my own plugins as I think they'd make good default features (that's the primary reason I made most of them). Won't spamvertise the links (as they're my own) but I think Awaiting Activation Message, Custom User Permissions, Date of Birth on Registration, Email Admin-Created User, Header Warning Level, Plugin Uploader (would be better if plugin file structures are more standardised), Report Reputation and Restrict Email Domains would all be useful and aren't bloat.
To fix the bolded, on this site, instead of submitting zips.... You get to the step where you upload the zip and you see this file manager thing with folders, no files... You add where each file goes
i.e. Inc->Plugins *Add File*
If the plugin requires adding a folder, you hit a new folder buttons and it generates a folder with an index file. Then if it's approved they can bundle it up so the plugin uploader work.

I agree that plugins should have a standard structure, but what you're suggesting is pretty much useless. You can simply force authors to use a certain structure in folders, otherwise the plugin is rejected and not submitted to the mods site until the author reviews it.
Plugins in 2.0 will already have an entirely different structure thanks to the MVC approach to development. Something like you're suggesting should be redundant if 2.0 acts as I expect.
It'd be nice to see a Wordpress-like plugin\theme system, all from the ACP.