MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Important!] Attention users of the merge system version 1.6.1 and earlier.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you've used the MyBB Merge System v1.6.1 or earlier please download the attached file, upload it to your forum root, and run it by going to http://yourdomain.com/yourforumpath/icr.php for security purposes.

The reason for this is a potential security breach related to the "old db" password being stored in the datacache in plaintext form. Thanks goes to euantor & Malcolm for reporting this.
I removed the cache as soon as I merged. Smile
(2011-07-20, 07:41 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]I removed the cache as soon as I merged. Smile

Not everyone will be aware to do that though Wink

This will be fixed in Merge System 1.6.2 thankfully.
(2011-07-20, 07:43 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-20, 07:41 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]I removed the cache as soon as I merged. Smile

Not everyone will be aware to do that though Wink

This will be fixed in Merge System 1.6.2 thankfully.

You are right i didn`t new about this
Done now thanks for letting us know Smile
Done. Thanks for the fix Dylan. Smile
(2011-07-20, 07:43 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Not everyone will be aware to do that though

You are right... that's why I wonder if this was sent on any mailing, just like you (MyBB) do upon security advisories.

I came across this post just by coincidence. Most of us migrate a forum just once and then forget about this MyBB Merge Support subforum.

P.S. Thanks for the fix Wink
It was on the blog, I don't think it was sent out via mailing list though as I don't have access to that Wink