MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SEO/.htaccess URL Rewriting HELP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Put the .htaccess in the mybb folder

Also, use RewriteBase /mybb/ instead of RewriteBase / if your URL is yourdomain/mybb/ and not just yourdomain/
(2011-07-21, 10:31 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]First off, delete that .htaccess of yours. It's not gonna work. Afterwards you need to rename the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess and go to Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > Server and Optimization Options > Enable search engine friendly URLs? > Enabled.

very well explained! thanks. Heart
Hello

I enabled seo friendly URL from cp but when i click a post link instead of going to the post page main page opens
Can you help me with that?

Thanks
(2013-04-15, 07:40 AM)vergi5 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I enabled seo friendly URL from cp but when i click a post link instead of going to the post page main page opens
Can you help me with that?

Thanks

first place your htaccess.txt in your mybb folder and then rename it to (.htaccess). and then activate your SEO friendly URL's.
see if it works....
(2011-07-21, 11:10 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Put the .htaccess in the mybb folder

Also, use RewriteBase /mybb/ instead of RewriteBase / if your URL is yourdomain/mybb/ and not just yourdomain/

Ok, I have problems with 3 different .htaccess files I tried (one for denying access to /forum/admin/ on IP; one for Google SEO and one for SEO friendly URLs on MyBB 1.8.4).

As far as I'm concerned, they files can either go in crypto.country/ or in crypto.country/forum. The latter makes more sense, especially if that means I can have a different .htaccess for my 'www'-part of the domain. 

So you guys are 100% sure that (with Wordpress website on crypto.country/ and MyBB forum on crypto.country/forum) I should place MyBB's .htaccess in crypto.country/forum? And also 100% sure that I still use 'RewriteBase '/forum/' instead of '/'? 

And maybe something is wrong/different with my hoster...? How and what should I check for that...?

Appreciated!

Devvie

---
Post-edit: answer host:
Quote:i can see different .htaccess file into your public_html and the problem that you see with 500 internal server error, are wrong directive present into these file when they are activated.

I have copied .htaccess (active ) rules and created a new .htaccess file and there's not error. So you need understand what need insert in a .htaccess file and configuring it correctly. I remember you that is possibile have only a .htaccess file in a public_html, so every rules you need have to be there.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-170292-...pid1156463
Pages: 1 2