MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Okay, I really really need some help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the most important part in a forum is getting members to join. Well I have been advertising alot lately and getting my forum very active. But recently I have been having a BIG problem. When People join it takes nearly 30 minutes for them to get there activation link, To activate there accounts. Which is not good because by than they say screw it and leave the forum and never come back. I have really good hosting so I know for a fact it cant be that. Any and all help to get there activation link INSTANTLY would be more than greatly appreciated.
(2011-07-21, 02:05 AM)360Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]So the most important part in a forum is getting members to join. Well I have been advertising alot lately and getting my forum very active. But recently I have been having a BIG problem. When People join it takes nearly 30 minutes for them to get there activation link, To activate there accounts. Which is not good because by than they say screw it and leave the forum and never come back. I have really good hosting so I know for a fact it cant be that. Any and all help to get there activation link INSTANTLY would be more than greatly appreciated.

Let me guess, you have the 'unlimited' package? Rolleyes

Your hosting package might seem good but your host is probably overselling, which means more accounts, which means larger strain on the mail daemon.
(2011-07-21, 03:16 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-21, 02:05 AM)360Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]So the most important part in a forum is getting members to join. Well I have been advertising alot lately and getting my forum very active. But recently I have been having a BIG problem. When People join it takes nearly 30 minutes for them to get there activation link, To activate there accounts. Which is not good because by than they say screw it and leave the forum and never come back. I have really good hosting so I know for a fact it cant be that. Any and all help to get there activation link INSTANTLY would be more than greatly appreciated.

Let me guess, you have the 'unlimited' package? Rolleyes

Your hosting package might seem good but your host is probably overselling, which means more accounts, which means larger strain on the mail daemon.

Well said.

I have a Master Reseller Unlimited plan, but I am using a host that isn't known to many. I think only like 200 people use that host. They own their own servers in numerous datacenters all over the world, so they're really great.

@OP get a different PAID host.
I have godaddy hosting and yes I have 4 other sites on the hosting plan. But its really good honestly. I would change hosts but, damn its such a pain.
GoDaddy is one of the worst paid hosts around.
(2011-07-21, 03:35 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]GoDaddy is one of the worst paid hosts around.

I think its actually really good. My site has had no downtime or any lag since I started. And its been like 5 months.
But Have a lot problems always... I remmember the Dayabase downtime a few years ago...
With the domains is cool, but with hosting nope....

Try Dreamhost (I use this), Bluehost, HostGator or Servage....

Or you can use a SMTP server (like gmail) for send e-mails Wink
(2011-07-21, 04:14 AM)alv4 Wrote: [ -> ]But Have a lot problems always... I remmember the Dayabase downtime a few years ago...
With the domains is cool, but with hosting nope....

Try Dreamhost (I use this), Bluehost, HostGator or Servage....

Or you can use a SMTP server (like gmail) for send e-mails Wink

I will probably switch hosts. I really dont want to because its just really lame and time consuming transferring everything from host to host. Anyways Whats the second option you where saying? Also, If I take the sites that I am sharing the host with, Do you think it will send the activation emails fast?
As of right now it is taking 5+ hours for members to receive their activation email.
There's nothing we or you can do to speed it up. With most hosts it is sent out instantly, it's not MyBB that's telling it to go in 5 hours time.
(2011-07-21, 08:10 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There's nothing we or you can do to speed it up. With most hosts it is sent out instantly, it's not MyBB that's telling it to go in 5 hours time.

Alright. Well I found out last night after checking around, That I didnt have mail setting correct and it was on php not smtp. I still haven't gotten a chance to set it up so What do you think? Should I set that up or just change hosts? I have a few people telling me that, Thats the exact reason in which its taking so long for members to receive there activation emails.