MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internet Explorer5 and forum software thriller. Only one survivor (MYBB) ..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was searching through my old software disks and found my years old windows 2000 disk..So I thought of installing it on virtual box. Then i thought let browse the web using Internet Explorer 5 and i started. Some pages did not load at all and others looked very funny except some. Then I decided to compare different forum software on IE5. I know no one uses IE5 but I was having fun..Cool
Lets take a look at the screenshot, shall we!

phpBB in IE5. Damn it looks like someone crushed the forum under a car or something.Sad

IPB in IE5. Call 911 someone kidnapped the Categories and Forums.Toungue

Xenforo in IE5. Our ajax superstar having a bad hair day.Wink

Mybb in IE5. Our beloved mybb, she looks nice and hot as always.Big Grin

IE5 failed to load Vbulletin site, because of https.
I'm honestly surprised how well mybb degraded compared to the others Toungue.
Wow MyBB looks fantastic! Just more props for the Dev team I guess.. Wink
It's only really because the theme has hardly been updated. Toungue
(2011-07-21, 05:19 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I'm honestly surprised how well mybb degraded compared to the others Toungue.
(2011-07-21, 05:42 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Wow MyBB looks fantastic! Just more props for the Dev team I guess.. Wink

Mybb`s default theme looks more perfect..
Well they do technically have support for IE5 with the extra CSS code to make it work.
wow. MyBB is the best...
Xenforo has the best look in IE5.
>he thinks the fact that MyBB was based on standard still relevant during the days of IE5 is a good thing

err..
It's probably because of the fact that the MyBB forum software uses HTML tables quite heavily. Another reason to use tables! Toungue
Thats pretty good techu.
Nice to see mybb is the will smith in "I am Legend " lol. Wink
Is it possible to test even lesser versions of IE
Pages: 1 2