MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: guests posting spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello

I am running a mybb installation at Www.educationobserver.com/forum and my version is 1.6

I am running this forum for the past 4 years and it was running fine till yesterday. Currently My forum permissions are the default ones (sometimes I set custom permissions for guests to post But clears it back to default immediately within an hour or two). Only registered members can post threads, and I have the akismet spam guard enabled.

From yesterday onwards unregistered members started posting spam posts. They are actually flooding the forum. I double checked, the permissions are the default only. I enabled moderation for the new posts, but they are bypassing the moderation also.

Please help me

Regards

Biju
go to admin cp > Users & Groups > User Groups > Guests > Forums and Posts > Posting/Rating Options? and unmark all 3 options
Hello

Thank you very much for your help.. I did what as you said.. but, still guests can post spam threads to my forum, with one difference.. now everything is coming under moderation queue and I can delete it there..

I wonder how can they post the threads, though they unregistered is not allowed to post in Admin CP. The bots are posting one thread in every 2 minutes.. and every day I'm deleting tons of them from the mod cp..

Please help how can I stop it