MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving between servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've just moved a MyBB forum from one server to another for one of my clients but I have no experience with getting it working on the other side.

Can somebody write me a checklist of the things/settings I will need to update to get it to work, the majority of things are working but some people are having problems with their profiles and sending PMs and a few other problems.

Thanks in advance,
Josh.
I've done the database backup. I mean more to do with editing the files to change the database usernames and password etc.
You will need to edit the inc/config.php if your database info is different. See [wiki]Inc/config.php[/wiki]. Ensure that the inc/settings.php is CHMODed 666.

Also, once you have edited inc/config.php, login to your Admin CP (yournewsite.com/yourforum/admin_directory/) and change the settings in the General Configuration to suit the new website URL (if it has changed) and cookie info (if it has changed).