MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb backup help (byethost)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hy, i'm trying to move my forum to byethost, however i have some problems doing that (here are the instructions that i followed btw Click Here)

first of all the backup comes as a .gz file which i can't open even with bitzipper or 7zip

second of all, i'm not so sure how to add the backup to byethost using phpmyadmin

thanks
Select "Plain Text" in File Type instead. That will download a .sql file. Then, go to phpMyAdmin and click on the "Import" tab.
thanks, i received this error though when i tried to go to my forum

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'ftp.byethost5.com' (110)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Check your ./inc/config.php file, the database name, password or user are probably wrong and therefore MyBB can't connect to your database.
ftp.byethost5.com? Why are you trying to connect to MySQL with the FTP hostname?
(2011-07-21, 02:05 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]ftp.byethost5.com? Why are you trying to connect to MySQL with the FTP hostname?

i thought it was supposed to be that way...when i learned how to install the forum, i watched some videos on youtube and they were using the host name

btw, i triple checked the config file, everything seems to be fine...can the domain affect this? when i was using 000webhost, i was using a domain from cz.cc....now i'm using a sub domain that byethost offers
Yes, the MySQL hostname. Not the FTP hostname.
Your MySQL hostname should be something like this: sql206.byethost5.com. You'll find it in your control panel.
(2011-07-21, 02:38 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Your MySQL hostname should be something like this: sql206.byethost5.com. You'll find it in your control panel.

yes, i know...this is what i replaced (these are just some examples, not the real names and stuff

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'the sql thing you mentioned';
$config['database']['username'] = 'b2_12345678';
$config['database']['password'] = 'password'
$config['database']['database'] = 'b2_12345678_Name';

i used filezilla to add the files to the htdocs folder (htdocs is in a folder that was created when i made the sub domain)

then used phpmyadmin to import the data base

website doesn't work though
If MyBB still can't connect, that means the information you're providing is not correct. Re-check the hostname, user, password and database name. You're supposed to look in your control panel for your MySQL hostname. Don't use mine, they vary from account to account. And what's the name of the database?
Pages: 1 2