MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: STILL No Graphics After Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In this thread I stated I have no graphics after install.

I configured the domain name servers today and re-ran install after I deleted lock file and after I dropped all tables in database. This changed nothing because I still have no graphics at: http://www.puppylinuxforum.org/

I hope someone can please help me because I am at my wits end with this!

Thank you for your help.
use CHMOD 0777 for the images directory (if it doesn't work then use it for all contents of images directory)
You could have used your other thread. No need to make a new one. Anyways, now that I read your post a little bit more carefully, it appears that only images are not showing up. I was under the impression that CSS wasn't loading either, thus my suggestion regarding cookie settings.

In this case, it's the images path that is incorrect. Your forum URL isn't working for me because the domain is probably still propagating, so I can't be any more precise than that.

@ranjani: images don't need to be CHMOD to 777. He should, however, CHMOD ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ to 777.
(2011-07-21, 03:28 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]use CHMOD 0777 for the images directory (if it doesn't work then use it for all contents of images directory)

I just did but still no joy.

I should point out that I am a bit rattled and forgot to set permissions before the install but am uncertain if that mattered.

Thank you for your reply.
logo link --> forbidden 403 & not found 404 !!
@faviouz
The situation has changed so I made a new thread. If mods think it a problem they can merge this with the other thread.

CHMOD ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ to 777 Is that before or after install?
After install. But that's not the problem anyway, as I pointed out, the images path is incorrect. ranjani's link is more than proof.
(2011-07-21, 03:37 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]logo link --> forbidden 403 & not found 404 !!

In cPanel I see logo.gif Images directory and all images are set to 777 I am clueless as why the graphic won't show.

(2011-07-21, 03:41 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]After install. But that's not the problem anyway, as I pointed out, the images path is incorrect. ranjani's link is more than proof.

What should the path be? I made no change. Just checked again and in cPanel it is: puppylinuxforum.org/images/logo.gif

In 15 minutes I must leave for dentist.

I am beginning to suspect the host is responsible for this (problem with permissions) but I have no clue why.

It was a problem with the host. Leech-protection on my other web site (puppylinuxfaq.org) was preventing forum graphics (puppylinuxforum.org) from appearing in the browser. The host moved the leech-protect rules portion of .htaccess to another subdirectory and that fixed the problem.

Don’t ask me why this was necessary or why it was a problem in the first place. I don’t have years to dedicate to learning regular expressions or whatever they are.

I do know I wouldn’t have found the problem without faviouz’s and ranjani’s help. Thank you both very much.

FWIW: My host mumbled this about file permissions:
Quote:Please ensure that your directories are 755 and files are 644. Our servers run suphp and 777 is not an acceptable permission.