MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where did you get your members from
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know that people wont join a forum unless it has a certain amount of members already joined but every forum has to start off somewhere so where did you get your members from
I think this might be in the wrong section, but alot of mine has been from networking, joining other forums and offering post exchanges and paid to post systems.
They magically appeared in my database.

But on a serious note, advertising, advertising, advertising.
Advertising your link in sites/forum of the same niche.
Not from here, MyBB.com, that's for sure.
(2011-07-21, 08:04 PM)AwptimusPrime Wrote: [ -> ]Advertising your link in sites/forum of the same niche.

do other forums mind when people do that?
(2011-07-21, 09:44 PM)alsoyoutube Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-21, 08:04 PM)AwptimusPrime Wrote: [ -> ]Advertising your link in sites/forum of the same niche.

do other forums mind when people do that?

Check the rules of each forum.

Some have their own Advertising sections, some only allow Advertising in signatures, and some don't allow it at all.

Do it on the ones that do.
Google and Topsites.
That's untrue, you can have 4,000 registered members and that won't be the deciding factor for someone to join your forums.
(2011-07-21, 07:48 PM)alsoyoutube Wrote: [ -> ]I know that people wont join a forum unless it has a certain amount of members already joined but every forum has to start off somewhere so where did you get your members from

(2011-07-22, 02:33 AM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]That's untrue, you can have 4,000 registered members and that won't be the deciding factor for someone to join your forums.

well i guess it depends on the person the main factor is if a forum is active
Pages: 1 2