MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy

I was trying to sort out my DB over at my hosting and i think i have messed up big time and i dont know what to do about it so i am hoping that some on here can help me fix this big problem i have.

Quote:MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'alister_gamrpro'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

This is the site that i am having problems with

http://www.inspirationforum.co.uk/forum/
(2011-07-21, 10:53 PM)The-Dragon-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Howdy

I was trying to sort out my DB over at my hosting and i think i have messed up big time and i dont know what to do about it so i am hoping that some on here can help me fix this big problem i have.

Quote:MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'alister_gamrpro'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

This is the site that i am having problems with

http://www.inspirationforum.co.uk/forum/

Either password is wrong or username? Or your one thing should not be localhost.
I had some one in my cp on my host a few weeks and they were adding db usernames, and i did not know which one went with what site so i removed some then i got this error.
Are you sure you have the username&database that you used to install mybb? Maybe if you didn't have much on the forum you could do a reinstall?

If you'd like you can give me a cpanel username and password I can take a look.
Open inc/config.php
Check whether you have the correct database details, especially the password.

If the problem still persists, create a new database user and add it to your database.
I have do all that and still not getting anywhere with it.

You said you deleted one of the database users and started getting the error afterwards. It's obvious that you need to create it again. You can PM me your FTP login details if you want me to do this for you.