MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookie Problems - Not saving cookie path? [NOT SOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently moved my boards from http://www.metaldrift.tv to http://www.blackjacketstudios.com... which also meant a new host. Everything is working wonderfully except for logging in. It does not store my login information longer than a single page. It seems like a cookie problem, but following the common fixes doesn't seem to fix the issue.

My settings in General Configuration of the ACP are pointing the cookie settings and board URL toward my old domain name. I change them to the correct URL, click save, and it asks me to log in again. I log in, and the settings have not changed.

I've edited the inc/settings.php (which is correctly set to 666 in the CHMOD) to reflect the new Board URL and cookie path. I upload it to the FTP, and the settings still remain the same.

I read that you should also upload the settings.php then immediately make the same changes in the ACP so as to update the database. This didn't work either. I'm kinda at a loss for now. Any suggestions?

Not really sure what's up. The board URL is http://www.blackjacketstudios.com/forum
First edit board URL, Cookie domain, cookie path in inc/settings.php.
Then login to admin CP and do the same in General configuration.
Edit : not seen kavin's response .. Smile

not sure if you have seen Login & Logout problems ... & implemented the suggestions ...
I have edited and uploaded the corrected settings.php then logged in and edited it in the ACP like you suggested kavin.

I have also tried all the things listed in the linked thread.
May i know the board URL, Cookie domain and Cookie path you use?
-Board URL is www.blackjacketstudios.com/forum
-cookie domain is .blackjacketstudios.com
-cookie path is /forum/

Currently, I am on www.blackjacketstudios.com... however, the ACP and inc/settings.php both say that the:
-board url is www.metaldrift.tv/tempforum
-cookie domain is .metaldrift.tv
-cookie path is /tempforum/

It SHOULD be blackjacketstudios, and not metaldrift.
So the problem is that you cannot get your changes to apply, even when editing inc/settings.php?
Feel free to PM me your FTP details, and admin login and I'll take a look.
(2011-07-22, 07:12 AM)Shizzuly Wrote: [ -> ]So the problem is that you cannot get your changes to apply, even when editing inc/settings.php?
Yes, this is correct.

(2011-07-22, 08:38 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Feel free to PM me your FTP details, and admin login and I'll take a look.
I'm typing it up now and will have it sent to you in just a few minutes. Thank you for being willing to take a look.

The forum uses directly what is in settings.php, and that still has the old settings, so that's what's in the file. If you just edit the file and save it, the forum will use those settings and you'll be able to log in fine. If it's still showing the old settings (in the HTML source of a page) even after editing settings.php then you're not saving the file properly.
Pages: 1 2