MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Mod install problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

I was hoping for a little help. I installed the Google SEO 1.1.13 and now all page forum threads and posts are error 404 pages. I've disabled the plugin and then it just goes to a blank error page.

Any ideas?
Huh

http://www.f1paddocks.com/forums/

regards
You need to upload the modified functions.php and .htaccess.
I believe I have done that... I added the modyfied .htaccess to the current one?

And with the functions there was one line that didn't match but was similar... .so I added that?
Should i have just uploaded the htaccess file as it was?
Ok, i've figured it... you replace the .htaccess in the forum folder now the www root???? Silly boy
Yes, the .htaccess file must be within your MyBB installation.
So should I now put back the original .htaccess in the root????
No, it's not really necessary, unless you need to.
Cheers for your help. Is there anyway to get SEO titles, Keywords on every page and also every template without going into all the styles?

The mod suggests (for titles):

Example:

<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$foruminfo['name']} </title>

Should be:

<title>{$foruminfo['name']} - {$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>

-- also I would appreciate your feedback on how my first mess about with mybb is going (its a learning curve)
Google SEO already adds meta tags to all pages according to their content. All you have to do is add them to the index, which Google SEO doesn't edit. As for changing the title order:

1. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Forum Display Templates > forumdisplay.

2. Find:

<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$foruminfo['name']} </title>

3. Change to:

<title>{$foruminfo['name']} - {$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
(2011-07-22, 09:40 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Google SEO already adds meta tags to all pages according to their content. All you have to do is add them to the index, which Google SEO doesn't edit. As for changing the title order:

Without sounding like a complete idiot, how do I do that?
I need to add the tags to the index.php?
1. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Index Page Templates > index.

2. Find:

<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>

3. Add your meta tags afterwards.
Pages: 1 2