MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't upgrading from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

First, I'm french so I will do my best to be understandable.

I wish upgrade from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3.

I downloaded and uploaded on ftp upgraded files ( (http://www.mybb.com/download/145 ), delete lock file, but when I lauch install/upgrade.php, I have following error message :

Quote:Warning: file_get_contents(/home/***/htdocs/***/install/resources/upgrade19.php) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/***/htdocs/***/install/upgrade.php on line 315

Welcome to the upgrade wizard for MyBB 1.6.3.
(** are replacing personnal informations and domain.)

Moreover, in the drop-down menu, the last version I find is 1.6.0.

upgrade19.php file is on the ftp in the right place :
[attachment=23472]

If I rename or delete upgrade19.php, error message disappear and "1.6., 1.6.2" appear in drop-down menu.

Thanks for your help.
You upload the files and then upgrade your site before you delete the install/lock files from your server.
But in the news for 1.6.3, it tell to delete lock file before make the upgrade.
(http://blog.mybb.com/2011/04/17/mybb-1-6...ty-update/)
And by the way, when i keep the lock file I have the following error :
Quote:Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue
Your not reading it correctly, i have done the upgrade and as per my post above it worked for me.

Read the Beginning the upgrade part and note number 4. HERE.

upgrade script:
Quote:1) Go to www.yourdomain.com/forumfolder/install/upgrade.php, replacing 'yourdomain.com' with your actual URL. forumfolder is just a placeholder name for the name of the folder your forum is in, for example http://myforum.com/forum, where the name of your forum folder would be forum. If your forum is in a folder, change forumfolder to the name of the folder your forum is in. If your forum is not in its own folder, then remove forumfolder/ from the URL.

2) You will see a drop down list asking what version of MyBB you're upgrading from. Be sure you select the correct version you are currently using or else the upgrade will not work correctly or completely!

3) Run the upgrade script, making sure you follow all instructions carefully.

4)After the upgrade is complete, check that a file called "lock" was created the install folder. If it is missing create it yourself or delete the "install" folder from your server. For extra protection, CHMOD ./inc/config.php to 644 if it isn't already.

After i completed the upgrade i just deleted the install folder and everything was fine, if you do not delete it then an error will show.

I can't do this, if I keep the lock file in the install folder, when I launch install/upgrade.php, I have this error :

Quote:Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue
The error in the first post is just because you're missing some files, reupload the ./install/ folder and its contents from a fresh download and try again.
I did not have a lock file all i did was upload the changed files over writing the files, i then typed in my address bar my forum address/install/upgrade.php and pressed enter.

This started the upgrade process where i selected the version i was upgrading from and then followed the instruction.

After complete to get the forum working i deleted the install folder.

If according to instruction you have a lock file then delete it first, also make sure all of the the files are uploaded to the correct places over writing the present ones.

1) 4 php files to over write those in your root folder.

2) 2 inc files in the inc folder on your server.

3) 8 jscripts files over write in the jscript folder.

4) upload the install folder to your root.

Then run the upgrade script.

example

http://yourdomain..com/install/upgrade.php

Then delete your install folder from the server.