MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dont you just hate it when...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You buy a retail version of a PC game, and install it. But it's like verison 1.0.0. It installs fairly quick, but you have to wait like an hour for it download ALL of the updates.

NOTE: This applies ESPECIALLY to Blizzard games, as they seem to like going 1.0.0->1.1.0->1.2.0->1.2.5->1.3.0->1.3.2->1.3.5
They seem to neglect to provide a pathway for 1.0.0->1.3.5
Yeah, same thing when you install an old version of Ubuntu and run the update manager.
>_> DSAKLFJHSGFOUIHSDFGKNWBETOISDVGOJBNWOIHWRYER£!!! It got to 99%, then "Play" flashed up for a millisecond! But then it proceeded to download ANOTHER patch...
My suggestion is to go for a walk or something. I never sit in front of the computer while waiting for updates to take effect, especially if they take this long.
The funny thing is it always says "less than 2 minutes remaining". Whether there is 32mb to download or 0.1mb left to download XD

I wanna play the game already Sad
lrn2ssd, less time installing

Games and updates take like 2 mins to install and get up and running, it's great.
What game is it?
Starcraft 2 Smile

(2011-07-22, 02:09 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]lrn2ssd, less time installing

Games and updates take like 2 mins to install and get up and running, it's great.

The installs are quick, it's the downloading that takes ages. WoW takes even longer. The downloads on that are 2gb~ each Smile
It does suck, but at least you only have to do it once in a great while.
I've been thinking about playing WoW again but I don't want to wait a week to activate my account because of downloads >_>

Blizzard sucks for downloads.
Pages: 1 2