MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help urgent [userid problem]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

At phpmyadmin i changed one userids from 2 to 3000 , from this time every member get userid 3001,3002... , and I again fixes 3000 to 2 and still not working , please help.
phpmyadmin > mybb_users > operations tab > change the auto increment value to the last value before 3000.
Its not working , it says its been sucessfully updated but its still the same thing , new users get 3000+ userid and AUTO_INCREMENT 3011 please help
Could you PM me with details to your phpmyadmin? It should be working.
If i type example 3012 it works , if i type 3010 it dont works Sad
That's what you get for playing around with user ids.

You have 2 options:

1) Leave as is. The problem is merely cosmetical, nothing will break with users having ids > 3000.

2) Delete all users with ID >= 3000 in the Admin CP (so their posts etc will be reassigned as well), then reset the auto increment value to the largest ID + 1. http://www.electrictoolbox.com/reset-aut...lue-mysql/

You can't reset the autoincrement as long as there are still users with ids >3000, and even if you could you would end up getting a MySQL error once the auto increment tries to use an id that already exists
@frostschutz

But the problem is that i have forum with 2k members and i cant find users with user id 3000