MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding adaditional Fields to a forum thread and its posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I am contemplating using a forum internally to replace our support desk software for lots of different reasons.

One of the questions I had was in relation to replacing 'tickets' as we currently call them with 'threads'

One of the key aspects of a ticket is the ability to log time against any work done. If this was a thread I wondered whether the BB could be extended to enable additional option fields that were available when posting the thread/responses. For example

Internet has gone down at client ABC

Ideally you could post a new thread, with teh ability of selecting a from a dynamic list of the clients that have been put onto the system.

You would then write in the post the details of the problem.

When an egineer takes the thread and wants to note what he has done on it, against the thread he should also be able to put on it how much time he spent. Because the client, the post and the time entries are linked some how I would then like to generate a report which showed how much time has been spent on each thread for each client?

This is a small example and there are other fields I would also want?

is this possible?
I believe it should be possible with myBB - but needs expert coders !!
(2011-07-22, 04:29 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it should be possible with myBB - but needs expert coders !!

Thanks Ranjani - I need some expert coders!!
as someone that has run a support desk for external clients, stick to real helpdesk/support software.

you need to be able to add/remove clients, contacts, projects, track time, client setups/installs, etc.

otherwise ask Matt to update his MySupport plugin to include time spent.