MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admins can send PMs to those who disabled PM system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Many members disable the "Private Messages" system, Emails, profile comments, so when I want to talk to them I simply can't, even if I'm the administrator!

Admins should be able to send PMs and Emails to everyone, it has nothing to do with privacy!

Angel
Personally, I think if the user chose not to receive PMs then he should not receive PMs from anyone. However, a setting should definitely be added to allow admins to choose it themselves.
Admins imho should NEVER get the error_no_perm page. The error_no_perm function itself should just have a return if user is superadmin. That's an easy fix too.
As Jammerx2 points out, we'll be clearing this up in 1.6.5.
What about my idea Tomm? Have you guys ever considered that? It would be the simplest way to deal with a lot of issues concerning admins with no perms. Just an IF $config['superadmin'] RETURN statement in the error_no_perm function and bingo...instant fix. Could be more complex like a setting to allow regular admin overrides too but certainly superadmins should never get the no perm page.
I thought about it and the principle is right - super administrators should be able to do anything. However, it is the administrators who set the permissions, so it's actually themselves blocking the action.

In my view, "super admin" just means you're not able to lose permissions. Granted, it does happen, and we'll be taking a look at that too.
(2011-07-22, 09:42 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I thought about it and the principle is right - super administrators should be able to do anything. However, it is the administrators who set the permissions, so it's actually themselves blocking the action.

In my view, "super admin" just means you're not able to lose permissions. Granted, it does happen, and we'll be taking a look at that too.

I totally agree with you guys Smile