MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Layout problem with my theme on iPhone Browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I have a custom theme on my board which works very well under Windows but on the iPhone a part of my content block is cut off on the right side as you can see here:

[attachment=23475]

If someone has an idea for me that would be very nice.

My input buttons used to look horrible on the iPhone too because the button coloring didn't work while the text coloring did. The result was a grey button with almost white text on it. After I added "-webkit-appearance: button;" to my ".button" class in global.css the buttons are now colored as they should be and look very good on the iPhone.
Maybe someone else finds this useful.

Any other Webkit / iOS related hints out there?

Greetings
atnun
I really dug into my layout with Firebug once again and optimized some things and now my above mentioned problem is gone.

While I was at it I found another odd behaviour of the iPhone / iPad browser:
If you have a background image that is larger than 2 megapixels then the iPhone / iPad browser scales the image down by 50%. In my case this resulted in the background image being actually smaller than the content block which didn't look so good.
You can avoid this by adding "-webkit-background-size: length_x length_y;" to your stylesheet which enforces the image size. You can use either pixel, percent or auto.

Greetings
atnun