MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A question for MyBB Devs [Including plugin/theme authors].
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When HTML5 is finalized, and CSS3 has better support, are you all going to develop plugins like a video plugin, or any new themes based on these technologies?

Do you think that it will be a challenge, or do you know it will be a challenge?

I can imagine there will be a lot more video plugin requests with HTML5's new video/audio tags.
What do you mean by a video plugin?
(2011-07-23, 02:56 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by a video plugin?

I think he means support for HTML5 video tag.
I caertainly won't be using HTML5 with the 1.6 branch as it's way too much effort to go through and change nearly everything.

CSS3 is already widely used by theme designers though.
CSS3 = yes, already used and will be when it is ratified Smile
HTML5 will probably be coded into 2.0 depending on when it is ratified Smile
Well currently I have no plans on using HTML5 in any of my themes since it's not finalized yet. Maybe in the near future I will plan on converting them over to it, or just experimenting with it in new themes that I create.
(2011-07-22, 11:32 PM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]When HTML5 is finalised

(2011-07-23, 09:02 AM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]Well currently I have no plans on using HTML5 in any of my themes since it's not finalized yet. Maybe in the near future I will plan on converting them over to it, or just experimenting with it in new themes that I create.