MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: question about the db server hostname
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so I'm merging a phpbb forum with a mybb forum, but I'm not doing it on the same server. the phpbb forum is installed on a server that a friend of a friend runs who lives in another country, while mybb is installed on my server.

anyhow, I forgot what information was needed for the merge so I just grabbed a db backup via the phpbb ACP. is it possible to upload a .php file to the server where the phpbb forum is installed to obtain the db server hostname? I checked out the phpbb config.php file and it's listed as localhost as most installs are. I'm not sure how long it'll take my buddy's friend to respond to my email so I was hoping for a quicker way to get the information.
think I found a solution: just install mybb on the server where phpbb currently resides using the db that's housing the phpbb forum installation and then do a db backup and restore it on my box.

sigh, the only thing that's slowing me up now is the server I'm running the conversion on seems to keep crashing.