MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [HELP] Integration With Existing User Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can someone help me Integrate mybb to my website With existing User Database.
I search all forums for this.

Can just someone tell me step by step , how to integrate existing website login.php so when the user login to my website can be also logged in to the forum. Also with my existing register.php , so when new member register , can also be registered to the forum.
I am sure that all members searching for something like this.

Thanks for your help.

I will be happy if someone experienced member can help me.
Anyone ? I know this treads , like i say - i already search all forums and treads.

Login with my existing form. Not creating new form. (same for the register).
Also no drop-box , just if the member press go to the forum button , can be automatically login.
Don't create multiple threads.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-99616.html
(2011-07-23, 07:17 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Don't create multiple threads.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-99616.html

Ok sorry for that Undecided .

Is there none that is able to explain me step by step ? Someone experienced with this ? None ? Dodgy really ?

What's wrong with the tutorial posted above? You need to provide more information about what you want to integrate with.
The tutorial its ok (maybe) but i am newbie in mybb , don't know how this works , where to paste the codes (which pages) , how to connect my existing website database so users can login/register with the same username login. What lines to change so can fit to my databases.
When you create tutorial must color the lines that someone need to change , or explain more for newbies , like SITE USERNAME, YOUR SITE DATABASE, YOUR MYBB DATABASE.

[ what you want to integrate with. ] :
Login with my existing form. Not creating new form. (same for the register).
Also no drop-box , just if the member press go to the forum button on the menu , can be automatically login.

And on my existing registration form to add so users can register to the forum to - same form.

I don't like to create new forms or anything.

This is my website :
http://www.cashboxy.com
You'd have to add entries for your users in the mybb_users table and have your login form create the necessary MyBB session cookies. And then remove the login form in MyBB if you don't want to use that.

See MyBB's class session code on how it creates cookies.
(2011-07-23, 02:50 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]You'd have to add entries for your users in the mybb_users table and have your login form create the necessary MyBB session cookies. And then remove the login form in MyBB if you don't want to use that.

See MyBB's class session code on how it creates cookies.

My users entries that i use for login are username and password , i think its same as mybb_users. So i don't need to add new entries ?
TXS

I was talking about rows, not columns. This isn't something you can do without knowledge about programming and databases. You need to make a bridge between your existing system and MyBB; either that or scrap your system and use MyBB exclusively.
Pages: 1 2