MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Missing Attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just spent the last two hours searching the internet and trying to find a solution to this problem without success so here goes.

Every once in a while trying to download an attachment from my forum leads to a page saying the file can't be found. The file IS there. It shows up in the Admin section when doing a search for it, and I can see it through my FTP program. All the same, clicking the link gives me the same error.

My forum version: 1.6.3

Mods:
Additional Usergroup Images
FancyZoom
Signup Questions
Stop Forum Spam
Pro Portal

This has been happening sporadically since WAY before I installed any mods. It doesn't happen with all files, just some of them.

In this case, the attachment that's gone missing this time is supposed to be downloadable from the following page: http://customsims3.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=196 (Go ahead, try it, guests can always download from my forum.)

It's the attachment at the very bottom, below the images.

Aside from searching, I tried "updating" the attachment by editing the post. This didn't fix it. The only sure-fire way I've found so far is to edit the post and upload a completely new version of the file, which is a pain in the rear.

Please and thank you for any help anyone can give me.
images as attachments are working fine. appears to be problem with large files.. :unsure: this might help
Thank you, Ranjani! I hope that's the problem, am going through all the .php pages right now checking. So far the Calendar.php page seemed to have a space at the bottom that shouldn't be there. (Best I can tell from reading the other thread, that's what I should be looking for. I know zilch about PHP so everything is a learning experience.)

One question I have, is could it possibly be caused by a template edit? I've never touched any of the .php pages but of course there's a chance something happened with installing a mod, but I have edited a few of the templates in the Admin panel.

ETA: So far, very interesting. I'm finding several of the original .php pages uploaded to the forum with empty spaces after the end of the coding.
Okay then. I've been through EVERY php page on my site checking top and bottom of each page for white space, found a BUNCH of them on various forum files (I'm thinking dev really should fix those in the original download, because these files haven't been edited at all since I installed the forum in February) and you know what? It STILL doesn't work!

Again, could this possibly be a result of some template edits?

I'm also editing my original post with a list of the exact mods I have installed. I went through the files for those as well, but who knows?

I'm extremely frustrated right now. I've already spent nearly six hours I really don't have right now trying to fix this.