MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge: phpBB 3 Database Configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried to merge my phpBB3 forum to MyBB. I've installed both forums on my server, MyBB is in the folder /mybb/ and phpbb3 in /forum/

Everything worked fine, until this point. It says its wrong, i checked on PHPmyAdmin and in the phpbb3 config.php file and its correct, i have no idea what to do now, I'm pretty stuck.

[attachment=23495]

Edit: I had to move the file loginconvert.php to /inc/plugins/ for the merge system, since it said it couldn't do so itself, just thought I'd add it (:
Moved to Merge System Support.

Are you sure the prefix is correct?
(2011-07-24, 12:59 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to Merge System Support.

Are you sure the prefix is correct?

Yes i am, also sorry for the wrong section (:

I even checked it with the config file from phpbb3.
Are you sure that the database server is localhost? Are you sure of the database name? Those and the prefix should be the only things that could give this error.
(2011-07-24, 11:14 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure that the database server is localhost? Are you sure of the database name? Those and the prefix should be the only things that could give this error.

Yes i am, i can read the error on the image, and like I've stated, i tried many different things, i tried the exact info in phpbb3's config file. Still not working.
Bump, could anyone help me here?

I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong nor how to fix it..
Hello, i thought this was where you HELP with your errors, not have people point out things you ALREADY tried and stated you did in the first post.
(2011-07-28, 08:52 AM)Calenar Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, i thought this was where you HELP with your errors, not have people point out things you ALREADY tried and stated you did in the first post.

Your not entering the details correctly. Simple as that.
Somewhere something you're entering has to be incorrect, because this step works for everyone else. Thats why we're asking you to repeat things you've said you've done. But getting an attitude isn't going to help either.