MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS based buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This would save me a lot of times when I create a new skin Smile
We've already mentioned that buttons will be styled <a> tags Smile
Cool, thanks
But if the end user disabled css they will see not a nice forum, may I ask why not choosing image buttons?
(2011-07-25, 02:23 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]But if the end user disabled css they will see not a nice forum, may I ask why not choosing image buttons?

Who disables CSS? And, I'm sure they choose css buttons because it makes translations and theme changes easier.
If you disable CSS no website would look nice.
(2011-07-25, 02:23 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]But if the end user disabled css they will see not a nice forum, may I ask why not choosing image buttons?

And what if you disable images...??
I meant button images make it easy to browse a forum when not CSS is loaded, maybe it is only me who sometimes disable CSS for some things :p

Also, CSS always bring more browser compatibility differences...
(2011-07-26, 01:14 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]I meant button images make it easy to browse a forum when not CSS is loaded, maybe it is only me who sometimes disable CSS for some things :p

Also, CSS always bring more browser compatibility differences...

Even if you had CSS disabled, you'd still be able to see the button's text, as it's just a styled <a> tag as Matt said.
(2011-07-26, 01:14 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]I meant button images make it easy to browse a forum when not CSS is loaded, maybe it is only me who sometimes disable CSS for some things :p

I know, but CSS buttons make it easier to browse a forum when images are disabled. Swings and roundabouts. If you disable CSS or images you'd still see the text (the alt tag text would be used if images were disabled) so really the effects of disabling images/CSS will be the same as they are now, but it will mean they're easier to style and manage. The pros outweigh the cons; I think more people disable images than CSS.

(2011-07-26, 01:14 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, CSS always bring more browser compatibility differences...

Not massively, and that's not really a good reason to use images over CSS. The main issue with CSS is IE but it's easy to just use an IE specific stylesheet.