MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: We outgrew our current webhost.. Looking for good hosting/dedicated servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically, the webhost refused to increase connection_user_max higher in the SQL function, saying that the shared host has reached capacity for us. The error is being thrown to us a LOT.

We have a "set" budget for this move, so we can afford up to maybe two year's worth of dedicated hosting at the budget she has given me.

What I'm looking for is:

A good host that specializes on big boards (we are, in fact, expecting a 5x growth based on some factors that have come to us)

We can start with the shared hosting for the time being, but hopefully will have the capability to solve the SQL issues that we've been thrown our way. Or just go straight to dedicated as long as the cost is reasonable.

We anticipate about 50-100GB/mo traffic

Neutral on political stance (we're a growing progressive discussion board)

99.9% uptime

US based
Montecarlohosting

Take a look there and see if they have what you are looking for.
What was your max connections set to? If it is a low number, I would suggest simply finding a better shared host. Otherwise, get a VPS, not a dedicated server. Much cheaper. Toungue
One of my customer has used VPS before and had a very bad experience with it. As well as a graphics designer that I respect. I am more inclined to go with an dedicated server, and I happen to have a connection to one of the biggest server farms in Virginia, so I'm checking their pricing and seeing what kind of deal they can give me...

I think we're going to grow _that_ fast, because a competing board is kicking good members out, and we're trying to make ourselves the alternate to the competing board.
I checked out your forum. You don't need a vps or dedi yet. 70 users online max should be fine. I went till 14k members before I upgraded to VPS. Mine is by 1and1.