MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fluxbb Merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know if their is a merge system for fluxbb. I have like 11,000 users from an old forum and it would be nice to be able to import them all to my current forum. Toungue
You would have to convert to another software such as phpBB or smf first, then convert to MyBB.

Quote:Presently the MyBB Merge System (1.6.1) allows you to import bulletin boards that are running:

Invision Power Board 2.1, 2.2, or 2.3
MyBB 1.6 (Merge multiple copies of MyBB in to the one)
phpBB 2
phpBB 3
SMF 1.1, 2.0
PunBB 1.2
vBulletin 3.6, 3.7, or 3.8
Ok thanks, I was just wondering if there were any forum owners out there who has actually made a custom merge system for Fluxbb. It would be awesome if this was added to the merge system. I am sure quite a few people would use it. Smile
You can always request one to be made, but you may have to pay for it. There hasn't been enough demand for it yet to make an official module.
Whom should I request this from?
There are a few of us who do it on the side. Including myself. However I'm too busy working on the 3 new modules for the official system. Just post in the R/S/J forum and see if you get any bites.
I've been using FluxBB for a number of years. The speed and simplicity is great in many ways, but the desire for advanced features has finally caused me to look at other options.

Playing with a test install of MyBB has left me very impressed; so many useful features! Open source, actively developed with a busy community. I can see why it's rated so highly. Great work!

I ran a test import of my FluxBB database using the PunBB option in the MyBB Merge system (Flux being a fork of Pun) and for the most part things seem to have gone well. The only issues I've found in my limited inspections are:
  • Minor BBCode discrepancies. Flux uses a closing tag on list items for example
  • The "last modified by" notice on posts shows the wrong user
  • The "Hide your email from other members." is unchecked for all users (should be checked)

Page loads are noticeably slower which isn't a surprise. I'm hoping that's due to MyBB requiring more resources (I'm fine with moving to a more powerful server to accomodate for this) and not import errors.

I'm really interested in making the switch but I'd feel a lot more comfortable knowing that there aren't any unseen issues with the conversion. Would anyone be willing to help a hopeful MyBB convert?

FluxBB database structure

The merge log if it's any help:
MyBB Merge System - Merge Report
--------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the MyBB Merge System Generated Report. This
report shows a small overview of this merge session.

General
-------
	Board merged:    punBB 1
	Import began:    Fri, 03 Feb 2012 19:28:11 +0000
	Import finished: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 21:37:39 +0000

Database Query Statistics
-------------------------
	Queries on MyBB database: 1,384,827
	Queries on old database:  46,638
	Total query time:         1 hours, 9 minutes, 12 seconds

Modules
-------
The following modules from this converter were completed:
Database Configuration
Usergroups
Users
Categories
Forums
Forum Permissions
Threads

Import Statistics
-----------------
The MyBB import system imported the following from your copy of punBB 1.2:
User Groups:       10
Users:             8,324
Categories:        4
Forums:            24
Forum Permissions: 80
Threads:           5,123
Settings:          24

Errors
------
The following errors were logged during the process of the Merge System:
None

Problems?
---------
The "mybb_debuglogs" table located in your database contains
debug information about this merge. If you find problems
please file a support inquery at http://community.mybb.com/.

--------------------------------------------------------
Generated: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 21:38:17 +0000
In theory you should be good to go. What I would suggest doing is getting a few core members of your forum to log into your test conversion and browse around it for a week or so (disable new posting for all groups and inform these core persons that they're just supposed to look for problems with existing data) and then you can do a fresh install and a proper merger after.
That sounds like a good plan. Any specific reasons why they shouldn't be allowed to post during the test?

I think next time I'll just skip importing "Settings" during the merge. Doing so would cause the default MyBB settings to be used, right?

I'm still concerned about things such as all member emails incorrectly being set to visible and the "last modified by" notice in posts showing the wrong user. The posts.php merge file seems to reference the correct Pun tables.

if($data['edited'] != 0)
		{
			$user = $this->board->get_user($data['edited_by']);
			$insert_data['edituid'] = $user['id'];
			$insert_data['edittime'] = $data['edited'];
		}
		else
		{	
			$insert_data['edituid'] = 0;
			$insert_data['edittime'] = 0;
		}

Would it work and be safe to simply delete related lines from the merge files as to use the default MyBB setting? For example:

$insert_data['hideemail'] = $data['email_setting'];

Thank you for the advice. It's tough not knowing any PHP. :/

Edit: Is it normal for the mybb_debuglogs table to be 464MB after a merge like this, and if so is it safe to delete it?

Edit2: When first loading a thread I'm seeing really long load times. It's a shared server, but could this be indicative of a problem with the import? Subsequent loads of the same page are normal.

Generated in 23.2481189 seconds (0.62% PHP / 99.38% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 19 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0757539 / Memory Usage: 6.75 MB
PHP version: 5.2.17 / Server Load: 3.36 / GZip Compression: Disabled
Other FluxBB users may find a continuation of this discussion useful but for the record I've gone with a different software.

Thanks. Smile
Pages: 1 2