MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mileage League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, my name is Chris. Hopefully I have found the right place to put this topic to hopefully get the answer I am looking for Smile

I run a community for rail enthusiasts at www.yrea.org.uk (our actual forum is here).

One thing that rail enthusiasts like to do is to total up how many miles they have done on the trains for the current year. For example I have travelled 12,549 miles so far in 2011.

On my forum we have a mileage league where members can tell us the new total they have and we'll update the league which is done by simply editing the post for our league. But this is becoming quite a faff. What I am looking for is an automated system.

My idea is that users will enter their mileage into a custom profile field (which I have set up already). What I want to be able to do is get a code (probably HTML I guess?) to display everyone's mileage in order with the highest at the top and the lowest at the bottom with their username beside it. Anyone who hasn't entered mileage into the field should not be included in the list.

Now can you tell me first of all: Is that possible? And if it is, where do I start? Be warned I'm not very good with coding lol!

Thank you in advance, I look forward to some replies Smile